- Follow All Things Robert Dudley on WordPress.com
Out now … (U.K.)
Out now … (U.S.A.)
- In Luctu Terminantur or To End in Grief
- John Dudley Interview No. 2
- Books, Dudley-Related (3)
- Is this Amy Robsart?
- Books, Dudley-Related (2)
- Books, Dudley-Related (1)
- What Did Elizabeth and Essex Shout At Each Other?
- A New Blog and An Old Question
- “My Lord of Leicester, Kneeling by Her Highness”
- John Dudley at The Anne Boleyn Files
Categories1553 Ambrose Dudley Amy Robsart Andrew Dudley Douglas Sheffield Edmund Dudley Edward VI Elizabeth I errors & myths family & marriage friends & foes Guildford Dudley Jane Dudley John Dudley letters Lettice Knollys my book Netherlands paintings religion Robert Dudley Sir Robert Dudley sources & historians strange facts from popular books
Tagsambassadors Anne Seymour Anthony Forster Archduke Charles Baron Dudley Bess of Hardwick birth date Catherine de Medici Charles V Christopher Hatton clothes courtier Diego de Mendoza Dorothy Perrot Duchess of Alba Duke of Anjou Duke of Norfolk Duke of Somerset Duke of Suffolk Earl of Arundel Earl of Essex Earl of Huntingdon Earl of Oxford Earl of Pembroke Earl of Warwick education Federico Zuccaro food France Francis Jobson Francis Knollys Garter Grand Master health Henry Dudley Henry Sidney household Italian James Croft jewels John Appleyard John Hales Katherine Hastings Kenilworth Knole Lady Jane Grey Lord Denbigh Margaret Clifford Marquess of Northampton Mary Dudley Mary I Mary Queen of Scots Master of the Horse minority murder music Nicholas Hilliard Nicholas Throckmorton Order of St. Michael Penshurst Philip II Philip Sidney poison Prince of Orange Richard Verney Scotland Spanish tennis Thomas Blount Thomas Darcy Thomas Seymour torture William Camden William Cecil William Paget
- © 2011–2017 Christine Hartweg
- My Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- A Great Love: Lettice and Robert Dudley
- A Favourite's Wife: The Lifestyle of Amy Dudley, Part I
- The Peace Portrait: The Significance of the Little Dog
- ‟Loving of my Husband“: Jane and Guildford Dudley
- Who's Who?
- Portrait in Red
- Departure and Arrival: Leicester and the Netherlands in 1585, Part II
- Dudley – A Name Hated?
- Lord Guildford, Lady Jane's Cousin
- "The Lip of a Sensualist": John Dudley's Uncertain Portraits
Tag Archives: Thomas Blount
On 8 September 1560, the aforesaid Lady Amy … being alone in a certain chamber within the home of a certain Anthony Forster, in the aforesaid Cumnor, and intending to descend the aforesaid chamber by way of certain steps (in … Continue reading
The earliest known mention of Amy Dudley’s health occurred on 18 April 1559 in a dispatch of the Count of Feria to his master King Philip II of Spain: “Lord Robert has come so much into favour that he does … Continue reading
The day of Elizabeth’s accession changed Amy Dudley’s life, whether she knew it or not. On 17 November 1558 she was most probably staying at Throcking, Hertfordshire, at the house of Mr. Hyde, where she (and possibly her husband) had … Continue reading
Murder, in Elizabethan England, was a rare occurrence. As opposed to manslaughter and the occasional “bloudie robberie”, “wilful murther” with “malice aforethought” made up only about 5% of indicted felonies in the courts of assize, and, interestingly, “killing one’s spouse … Continue reading